* In addition
to the main activity in Mas
, which is a total rest, the area also offers a very wide range of options.
You can enjoy activities such as:
- Renting a bicycle or
a horse to explore the beautiful nearby paths.
- Olot, the city of ancient volcanoes.
- Visiting the Lakes of Susqueda and Sau.
- Archery (the Xenacs Natural Park).
- Balloon flights, delta-wing and ultra-light planes.
- Visiting the volcanic zone of Olot, declared a Natural Park because
of its beauty.
- For those of you keen on country markets:
Olot holds one every Monday morning.
Vic holds its market every Saturday and Monday mornings.
- Vall d’en Bas with its very old towns, very well looked after
and full of flowers.
- Visiting the volcanic zone, declared a Natural Park because of its
The better known and more popular volcanoes are Santa Margarita and
el Croscat. The latter is famous because of its “broken”
terrain, making the different strata easy to see .
- Also very popular is the Fageda d’en Jordà, a huge
wood of beeches, a wonderful place to get lost in, whether on foot,
on a bicycle, riding a horse or in a horse and carriage.
• Nor should we
forget other cultural sites, such as the towns of Besalú,
Castellfollit de la Roca, etc, or the county of Ripollés,
with its capital, Ripoll, and its magnificent and fascinating towns
like Sant Joan de les Abadesses, Camprodón, Rocabruna, Setcases,
Beget and many others.
• And then there is the ski resort of Vallter 2000.
• As well as the nearby French border, an equally the attractive
area, only 18 km from Camprodón .
- Olot, the Church of
Sant Esteve (1763), with important pieces.
- The Church of Tura.
- The Old Neoclassical Hospice, headquarters of the remarkable County
Museum of La Garrotxa.
- Olot’s Museum of the Saints, a museum specialising in religious
art, open all week, where you can watch the artists and craftsmen
working (only possible from Monday to Friday).
- Las Planes de Hostoles: the old Hostoles Castle.
- The Menhir of Pla de
Reixach (Santa Pau).
- The Dolmen of Puig del Moro (Sierra de Finestres).
- The Roman road at Capsacosta (Vall de Bianya).